If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

.




Many thanks for a $25 contribution from a repeat donor in Lisburn, Northern Ireland!

I hope to go to Maine before too long. A reader wrote me, "You say it's been a long time since you've been to Maine - if you should wish to visit again, we offer you living in a rural home a few miles from Belfast, where we raise our own food and heat with woodfire (in a stove). Belfast might offer a tale worth telling, it has stayed about the same population for more than 2 centuries. My family has lived here in the same house since the 1700's. In my lifetime, 85 years, I have seen the place move from a place of extreme poverty (The Depression) to a yuppie, flatlander population motivated by the 'arts', upward livingstyle,and a coastal village for yachts and international mariners. COME SEE!"




.

No comments: