If you have a PayPal account, please send your donation directly to linhdinh99@yahoo.com, to save me the fees. Thanks a lot!

For just my articles, please go to SubStack.

Monday, August 22, 2016

.









Giang with friendly strangers--South Street








An old friend visited from California, so I showed him Old Town, Little Cambodia, Italian Market, Kensington, Penn's Landing and South Street (photo).

Giang and I were high school freshmen together in San Jose in 1978-79. We also lived on the same street, Locke Drive. It was almost all-Vietnamese, though my next door neighbors were Puerto Rican. Since the vista at the end of Locke Drive was a massive city garbage dump, Vietnamese dubbed the neighborhood Xóm Rác, or the Garbage Neighborhood. I could smell garbage all day long.

I've written about Giang in a Silicon Valley Postcard and "Dire Train," and here are two shots of his current house in Fremont, CA.

"Terroir, Code Orange" is about Santa Cruz and my time in San Jose.



.

No comments: